Thank you for your interest in collaborating with American Translation Partners (ATP)! Do you want to be an interpreter or translator for us? We are always seeking qualified interpreters and translators.
Consider joining our team if you’re an interpreter or translator with subject matter expertise in medical, legal or insurance. Our clients engage us for assignments in and around the New England area. Mostly, in the Boston area for interpreters, but translators can be anywhere.
Specifically, the types of projects will include:
• Legal interpreting in the consecutive and simultaneous mode
• Audio transcription / translation, summarization of telephone taps, body wires, and focus groups
• Document translation
• Expert / fact witness testimonials
• Insurance assignments for recorded statements, examinations under oath
• Medical interpreting for emergency rooms, independent medical exams, physical exams, and other types of medical procedures
To begin with, it’s excellent pay! Then, think about flexible hours – morning, day, or night, even weekends and holidays. And finally, realize it’s rewarding work that helps the LEP community!
• Native or primary language fluency in a foreign language
• Written and oral comprehension in English
• Legal to work in the USA
Other Helpful Attributes
• Specialization in legal, medical or other areas of consecutive as well as simultaneous interpreting
• Educational background in linguistics in particular
• State and Federal Court Certifications, American Translation Association (ATA) accreditation, or any other kind of professional language training
• Transportation and willing to travel around New England – Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont
Please use the name of your native language as the first word in the subject line of your email submission.
* For example, a Spanish interpreter or translator file name for a resume and/or curriculum vitae (cv) would be: spa_jose_sanchez_cv.doc
Likewise, you may also submit your interpreter or translator resume via postal mail.
Attention: Human Resources
American Translation Partners
One Trowbridge Road, Suite 340
Bourne, MA 02532
If you have any additional questions about being an interpreter or translator, contact us at 508.823.8892 during our office hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Please feel free to call and schedule an appointment to visit our office. We are located in a campus-like, tranquil setting, less than one minute from the junction of Routes 44 and 24, and less than three minutes from I-495. Downtown Boston and Providence are less than 40 minutes away.
We look forward to receiving your resume!